Story of the day....Do Not Pass Go...

Well Bernie Madoff, the new American face of the "Ponzi scheme", pled guilty in New York today to cheating tons of investors out of billions of dollars. Surprisingly (to me at least), Judge Denny Chin ordered Madoff to jail to await sentencing, believing returning him to his "penthouse arrest" racket would allow him to possibly escape. In questionning about his guilt, he professed,

In recounting how he began the fraud, whose collapse erased as much as $65 billion that his customers thought they had in their accounts, Mr. Madoff said: “I believed it would end shortly and I would be able to extricate myself and my clients from the scheme. However, this proved difficult, and ultimately impossible.”

He continued, stumbling slightly over the word order in his prepared remarks, “As the years went by I realized this day, and my arrest, would inevitably come.”
Mr. Madoff acknowledged that he had “deeply hurt many, many people, including the members of my family, my closest friends, business associates and the thousands of clients who gave me their money,” adding, “I cannot adequately express how sorry I am for what I have done.”
This is bullshit. If that was the case, he wouldn't have been busy transferring money over to his wife, who should be thrown in prison right now. Let the girls on murder row fuck that bitch up for awhile. And he was only sorry he didn't get to go farther...

Prosecutors have already said investigators found 100 signed checks worth $173 million that Madoff was ready to send out to his closest family and friends at the time of his arrest in December. Two weeks later, during the Christmas holidays, Madoff sent more than $1 million in jewelry and heirlooms to family and friends.

Yep, send anyone who received any of that merchandise and not returned it to jail. Let them learn how overrated prison rape is.

Crooks and Liars, videoblog gods, have the video up.

Comments