This is big...

That was the first thing I said after learning (from Sugarbear) about the passing of Tim Russert. As the political junkie that I am, Tim's career and work has had a profound effect on my knowledge of the political process. I may have had differences with his style at times, which probably spring from his desire to act so non-partisanally (as a former Democratic staffer) that it seemed almost like he overgrilled some, I cannot by any means disregard his ravenous quest for information and insight into the runnings of Washington. He also may have been a bit more enthralled with the "game" of politics at times, but he never talked down to the viewing audience, and always treated his guests with nothing but class, even when grilling them at their worst (example: see his ripdown interview of David Duke). Russert was one of the best in television journalism, on the level of Cronkite and Jennings. I thoroughly feel for his family, and only hope that he can now see at least from above the end of this race that was so exciting for him (if to see such a monumental change in this country).

Peace.

Comments