I'll take "accessorizing farm animals" for 200, Alex....

Well finally I have some pictures form the event I was in at the Atlantic Stampede Rodeo in DC. Since I had hurt myself a little bit ago, I couldn't do the chute dogging (you can see what that is on the previous post), but I did get to do one of the other, funner, events, Steer Decoration, or "Steer Deco", if you will. There's teams of two, a header and a tail. (I was the tail, go fig.) The header (my buddy Jeffie) is near the gate with a rope that's tied around the steers horns. When the gate is open, I run up and he's got to bring to steer over his starting line, then I can tie a ribbon on it's tail (without getting kicked or runover) then the header undoes the rope from the horns and I can tag the timer. Best time wins. We got 4th on Saturday's rodeo, not bad at all for first time out, especially since our gate didn't open right (and forgot to drop the rope to get a redo). Got a ribbon and made half our entry fee back :-).

We got it finally under control ...
Here we go again on Sunday...
The damn thing kept goin' in circles..
And I'm getting the ribbon on....And I tagged the timer.. woohoo!
And here's Jeffie and I with our little ribbons, with Jen who's getting a whole slew of ribbons for her different events. For us, we're just happy to be there!

Comments