Single life.... June 8, 2006

I've been writing about the albums I've been listening to, but I also get a lot of good things from download sites, mostly I-Tunes, but also places like Beatport and Play-It-Tonight. I figured I'd start a string about the songs, since it's more current stuff..

Jimmy James - Fashionista
It took this long to have a successor to RuPaul? Real well-done dance novelty, should be the theme for the next season of Project Runway. Listen to this walking down the street thinking you're Karen Walker.

Madonna - Get Together (Danny Howells & Rick Trevor Kinkyfunk Mix)
I really thought she was gonna release "Jump" next, so much for my instinct. Typical thumping "let's trick" song, not bad, but not especially distinctive. The remix is growing on me more than the original.

Los Lonely Boys - Diamonds
They've only had 2 singles before this, but they ("Heaven" and "More Than Love") were everywhere. This is a good breezy country-rock song, sung with a lot of soul, a good dark horse single.

Needtobreathe - You Are Here
Southern neo-rock, in the 3 Doors Down meets Coldplay sort of way (their debut is produced by Keane's producer). OK, not a totally memorable song, but promising for the album for those who like their emo a little more butch. Speaking of....

Keane - Is It Any Wonder
I was a huge fan of their first album, and the new single doesn't disappoint. Definitely proves you can rock on a piano driven track these days. Love lost sounds pretty inspiring. Definitely my favorite of the bunch.

India.Arie - I Am Not My Hair (WiggedOut Radio Edit)
REALLY cool groove, with her take on the "I am beautiful" road she has taken before. I wish I-Tunes would offer the full-length mix, but this is good enough for the meantime.

Sarah Atereth - Fade Away (Mike Rizzo / Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Remixes)
I bought two mixes of this great dance song from upcoming singer/dancer Atereth. Mike Rizzo's mix is poppy and spacey, while the Moran/Rigg mix is thumpier and more dark.

Lori Jenaire - You Know How To Love Me
Finally this came in from PerfectBeat. Fits well in the "you do me good" category (could this be the "fuck-buddy" category?) Has the Mike Cruz remix, which is in the pop vein, and Friscia & Lamboy's mix for the harder edged sound. Great restrained voice, not a peak-hour anthem, but a cool song nonetheless.


ok that's it for now before Blogger becomes bloggone again.

Comments